Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving LeftOver Stuffed Shells!!!!!

OMG!!! These were amazing!!! I was trying to find some new recipes to use with Thanksgiving Leftovers. I came across this recipe on Food Network for Turkey and Cranberry Raviolis. I didn't want to make my own ravioli's so i decided to use Stuffed Shells (Thanks to my mom!). And then i put my own spin on the recipe and they were AMAZING!!!! If you do decide to make the stuffed shells version, i would double the gravy recipe because there was not enough there. My husband loved them and wants them again next weekend!!!! Its really quick to make once you make that turkey and use all of your leftovers! I can't wait to make them again!

Turkey and Cranberry Ravioli
Recipe from: Food Network

Ingredients:
Ravioli
1/4 pound of turkey - I used fresh leftovers and shredded them
2 Tablespoons of cranberry sauce - I used a lot - we love cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons of grated Romano - I'm sure i used more, we love cheese
1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
20 Store bought wonton wrappers - I used stuffed shells

Gravy:
3 tablespoons of butter
1 shaollot, chopped
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper


To make the ravioli: in a medium bowl, stir together the turkey, cranberry sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. I also added leftover mashed potatoes and stuffing!!! Place 10 wonton wrappers on a work surface. Brush lightly with water using a pastry brush. Place 1 tablespoon of the turkey mixture on each of the wonton wrappers. Top with another wonton wrapper. Push out any air bubbles and press the edges tightly to seal. After i mixed together all the ingredients, i put 1 1/2 tablespoons of the filling in each stuffed shell. then I topped them with the remaining gravy and mozzerella cheese on top.


To make the gravy: in a medium, heavy skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir until cooked, about 1 minute. Slowly add the chicken broth, stirring quickly to avoid lumps. Add the cream, parley, salt, and pepper and cook, without boiling, for 2 minutes, stirring often.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook until tender but still firm to the bite and the turkey is cooked, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. I omitted this section. I brought the pot to a boil and cooked the stuffed shells for 10 minutes. Then Drain. Drain the ravioli into the gravy and stir to coat. Serve immediately in individual dishes, drizzled with the remaining gravy.

Changes - Once the stuffed shells were done cooking - I added the filling to the shells and poured the sauce over them. Then i added a little mozzerlla cheese to the top of each one. I baked them at 375 degrees for about 20-25 mins. I then arranged them on a plate in a circle and added cranberry sauce in the middle. YUM!
















No comments: